Charles Hite is a life-long resident of Lexington County, in South Carolina. His professions have included, the U.S. Army (serving in Germany), licensed professional land surveyor, sales/customer service rep, and right-of-way agent with the SCDOT. In addition to photography, his hobbies include astronomy and landscape gardening. His venture into serious photography began in 2009 at age 60. At the encouragement of family and friends, he began selling his photos in late 2012 at Soda City Market in Columbia, SC. His love of nature in all aspects can be seen in his photos. He enthusiastically enjoys sharing the stories of his photos with others, and listening to their stories. Most of his scenic photos are from SC and the Midlands, including nature, old buildings, historic sites, and astronomy related events. His images are in numerous private collections, displayed in 2 local hotels and have been published in local publications.
Mr. Hite's awards include;
• In January 2017, his infrared image of "Surreal Crossing" was juried into ArtFields 2017, held in Lake City, SC.
• In January 2015, his B&W image of "Old Sheldon Church" was juried into ArtFields 2015, held in Lake City, SC.
• Arts at the Airport...a 36 piece exhibit at the Columbia Metropolitan Airport that ran from November through December 2014. Charles, the only photographer, was one of six artists chosen in the event's inaugural year.
• One of five artists juried into AHA! A Celebration of Arts and Humanities, sponsored by The Cultural Council of Richland and Lexington Counties, in October 2014.
• His B&W image titled, "Old Sheldon Church" was juried into the 2014 SC State Fair.
• In September 2014, 3 of his photographs were chosen to hang in the new Hyatt Place in the Columbia Vista on Gervais Street. The photos are; Congaree River RR Trestles, SC State House Dome, Venus & Crescent Moon, and Brookland-Cayce HS at Twilight.
• In 2013 he was juried into the Trenholm Artists Guild Rosewood Arts Festival as a vendor and returned in 2014 and 2015.
• His image of Issaqueena Falls placed second in the Saluda Shoals judged Nature Photography Contest in 2013.
• City of Cayce Calendar cover twice, with Congaree River RR Trestles and Congaree River at Dawn, and has had photos published in the calendar for four years.
• Winner of several Midlands Astronomy Club judged photo contests.
His photographs are always available at Nest (Main St. Columbia, SC inside the Marriott), and on his website, www.charleshite.com, and through email directly to him from his website. His photos are also available at Soda City Market most Saturday's (Columbia, SC), and other occasional markets. He welcomes comments, inquiries and requests.
Charles agrees with pro shooter, Dewitt "Basic" Jones, in that "he is grateful that God has given him photography, as it allows him to pray with his eyes."
All images appearing in the Charles Hite Photography web site are the exclusive property of Charles E. Hite and are protected under the United States and International Copyright laws.
The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of Charles E. Hite.
Use of any image as the basis for another photographic concept or illustration (digital, artist rendering or alike) is a violation of the United States and International Copyright laws. All images are copyrighted © 2003 - 2016 Charles E. Hite.